All right boldbabes, here’s the truth: You are perfectly imperfect. Your life is wildly and poetically chaotic. You’re vibrant, unmistakably honest, and always on the move. You’re full of quirks, flaws, and everything in between.
OWN IT. Own it ALL.
Whether you like it or not, you get one shot to live your best lives, and that’s a whole lot easier when you own yourself—every last bit. But some days and in some moments that’s easier said than done.
Here are 9 tips guaranteed to help
1. Create the ultimate empowerment playlist packed full of songs that remind you that you’re a bada** babe on a mission. Play it while you’re getting ready for the day or any time you need an extra pick-me-up. Extra points if you sing and dance along.
2. Surround yourself with people who pump you up and fill you will all the positive vibes. You know the saying "your vibe attracts your tribe" and it couldn't be more true. Energy is contagious: if your circle is full of people afraid to be themselves and go for it—it’ll rub off on you, too. Do the opposite! Choose your circle wisely.
3. Have a go-to outfit that makes you feel fabulous every time you put it on. If you’re feeling a bit “blah” about your body or you need a reminder that you’re perfect the way you are—simply toss it on and immediately start feeling yourself.
4. Forgive frequently & fully. Everyone messes up, it’s part of being human. One of the most powerful things you can do is forgive someone when they screw up. Forgetting might take a little longer, but the sooner you’re able to forgive them, the sooner you’ll be able to continue living your happy little life.
5. Stop competing and comparing. The world doesn’t need replicas. What the world needs is for you to be 100% authentically YOU and sprinkle your magic everywhere you go. The more you own who you are, the less you’ll feel the need to compete or compare. We’re all in this together, remember?
6. Set intentions daily, weekly, and monthly. Be intentional about your thoughts, words, and actions. Write them down somewhere you’ll see them every day and read them before you leave the house. For a little more accountability, send them to your best gal pals so they can keep you in check.
7. Check in with yourself and others. A little self-love goes a long way. Make it a habit to care about yourself much like you care about your loved ones. Take the time to evaluate how you’re really doing and never forget to ask the ones closest to you how they are, too.
8. Get a gratitude journal and actually use it. Writing down 5 things you’re grateful for each morning is one of the easiest ways to set your day up for success and shift your mindset toward positivity. If you’re ever feeling down and out or a little stuck, simply flip through your journal for the quickest reminder that things are going fab and you’re doing great.
9. Compliment a stranger. Spreading kindness goes a long way in making us feel good. When you make an intentional action to make another feel appreciated, loved and valued, then it really is hard to not feel good about yourself.
Here's something to try today: compliment a stranger & tell them one thing that you love about them. We can almost guarantee your heart will feel fuller from watching their face light up with genuine happiness
10. Sit at the kid’s table. Sometimes all we need is a reminder that life isn’t that serious, and we should all let loose and have fun regularly. Children are an excellent reminder of the power of play and allowing yourself to do something for the sheer pleasure of it.
Now take these 10 little tips, get out there and OWN yourself. It's about damn time we all show ourselves a little (ok, alotta) love, don't you agree?